A long-lasting, beautiful, and healthy smile is our goal at Paradise Dental.
The proper home care will help to achieve and maintain that goal.
Begin by consuming healthier, nutritious meals, limiting snacks, and utilizing dental aids regularly.
Tooth Brushing – Brush your teeth at least twice per day with a soft-bristle ADA approved toothbrush and toothpaste.
- Brush at a 45-degree angle in a gentle circular motion. Ensure the bristles are brushing the gums.
- Brush every surface of the tooth. This includes the inner, outer, and biting areas.
- Utilize the tip of the toothbrush to clean difficult to reach places like the inside of the front teeth.
- To remove bacteria and freshen your breath, brush your tongue.
Paradise Dental recommends using an electric toothbrush because of their efficiency at removing plaque. Place the electric toothbrush on your gums and teeth and let the toothbrush do the rest.
Flossing- To clean in between teeth and under the gum line, floss daily. It is the best method for not only cleaning these spaces; but also, it prevents plaque build-up that could harm the gums, teeth, and bone.
1. Take the dental floss, about 12-16 inches, and weave around your middle finger. There should be roughly 2 inches (5 cm) of floss between your hands.
2. Using your thumbs and forefingers, manipulate the floss between your teeth in a sawing motion.
3. Wrap the floss, making a “C” shape around each tooth and under the gum line. Gently move the floss up and down, cleaning the side and back of each tooth.
Floss holders are recommended if you have difficulty using conventional floss.
Rinsing- it is important to rinse with water following brushing and eating. Consult with your dentist or dental hygienist about over-the-counter rinses and their appropriateness for you.
Other dental aids suggested by your dentist or dental hygienist may include: interdental brushes, rubber tip stimulators, tongue cleaners, irrigation devices, fluoride, medicated rinses, etc., can all play a role in good dental home care.