Periodontal Disease – Maintenance
Periodontal Disease – Maintenance – Within twenty-four hours’ plaque can harden into tartar (or calculus)! Daily oral hygiene habits can help manage plaque and tartar, but areas difficult to reach will require additional care.
Upon completing your periodontal procedure, your dentist and hygienist will suggest you schedule regular dental cleanings, generally every three months. During these routine cleanings, the space between the teeth and gums, sulcus, will be thoroughly inspected for their health. Tartar and plaque that are inaccessible during at-home daily care are also removed.
Your routine dental cleaning visit will involve:
· X-ray exam – Necessary to determine areas of decay, tumors, abscess, and boneless. X-rays also identify tooth and root locations.
· Restoration exam – A look at recent fillings, crowns, etc.
· Tooth decay exam – A check for tooth degeneration.
· Oral cancer evaluation – An analysis of the face, neck, lips, oral tissues, and gums for symptoms of oral cancer.
· Oral hygiene suggestions – Aids such as electronic toothbrushes, oral rinses, brushing techniques, etc. may be reviewed and prescribed.
· Tooth polishing – Stains and plaque are removed that may have been missed during daily brushing and scaling.
Oral hygiene care and regular periodontal cleanings are key to continuing good dental health and controlling periodontal disease!
Everyone was very kind and friendly! They worked diligently to serve my needs well, make me feel comfortable, and keep me updated on what was going on.
My visits always go very smoothly. They always accommodate my time. They have excellent finance plans. Amazing dentist, and very handsome. Thank you Dr. Russell Hamarnah . Hands of an angel. SIMPLY THE BEST. If you want a gentle extraction done, look no further
Dr. Hamarnah and his staff are exceptional. Best dentistry office I have ever been to. Best prices and costumer care I’ve experienced extremely patient and caring. When you work with love and passion it shows. Very clean as well! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Absolutely incredible. I’ve been to a handful of dentists in my life and Dr. Russell is hands down the best. He’s honest and the quality of his work is great. I cannot say enough good things.
Dr. Russell Hamarnah and his team were extremely professional and very friendly. I usually hate going to dentist offices, but they made me feel very comfortable. My appointment went very smoothly, would definitely come back and recommend to all my friends.