Periodontal Disease – Maintenance
Periodontal Disease – Maintenance – Within twenty-four hours’ plaque can harden into tartar (or calculus)! Daily oral hygiene habits can help manage plaque and tartar, but areas difficult to reach will require additional care.
Upon completing your periodontal procedure, your dentist and hygienist will suggest you schedule regular dental cleanings, generally every three months. During these routine cleanings, the space between the teeth and gums, sulcus, will be thoroughly inspected for their health. Tartar and plaque that are inaccessible during at-home daily care are also removed.
Your routine dental cleaning visit will involve:
· X-ray exam – Necessary to determine areas of decay, tumors, abscess, and boneless. X-rays also identify tooth and root locations.
· Restoration exam – A look at recent fillings, crowns, etc.
· Tooth decay exam – A check for tooth degeneration.
· Oral cancer evaluation – An analysis of the face, neck, lips, oral tissues, and gums for symptoms of oral cancer.
· Oral hygiene suggestions – Aids such as electronic toothbrushes, oral rinses, brushing techniques, etc. may be reviewed and prescribed.
· Tooth polishing – Stains and plaque are removed that may have been missed during daily brushing and scaling.
Oral hygiene care and regular periodontal cleanings are key to continuing good dental health and controlling periodontal disease!
I was very nervous when I arrived at Paradise Dental as I hate going to the dentist but Julia was very helpful in trying to keep me relaxed by talking to me and making sure I was ok. Everyone at this office is very nice and professional in what they do. I would highly recommend this office to anyone looking for a good Dentist
I absolutely love the staff at Paradise Dental. I’ve never been to a dentist office that makes you feel like family! From the front desk receptionist Betsy, to the Dental Hygienist Jocelyn and Manny who truly care for their patients. I can’t thank them enough for their dedication and professionalism to the customers they serve. Can’t wait for my next cleaning!!!!!
Dr Hamarnah is a true professional, well versed and genuinely interested in the well being of his patients. He is through and will answer all your questions and takes the time to explain every procedure and outcome I can’t say enough good things about him thank you for your Dr R. Hamarnah
This Dentist is Amazing. The staff one of the best around, who truly care about you and your care here. From the front seat to the back of the house staff. Very clean office. Love this place. My whole family comes here. Daisy your the best. Joselin, Betsy, and Manny. Dr Hanarnah Thank you and your staff. Great work.